But I'm just an office drown. Copy making, pencil pusher, spending company money the best way I know how. Lunch was the best opportunity to spend time daydreaming of being a wandering sole while I chowed down on mushroom shepherd pie.
1 onion chopped 3 cloves garlic
2 carrots small chopped 2 stalks of celery
3 cups brown mushrooms 1 cup shitaki mushrooms
1/2 c. cooked pearly barley 1/2 c. lentils
2 c. shredded cabbage
Gravy 1/4 c. powdered mushroom 1.5 c stock
1/2 bottle of dark beer 1 TBSP cornstarch
1/4 c. cream Rosemary, thyme, oregano
- Fry the onions, carrots, celery, garlic and remove from the pan
- Fry the mushrooms on high heat,
- Add the cabbage and allow to cook for a few minutes
- Add the veggies back in along with the cooked barley lentil mix
- Gravy - Add the beer and allow to deglaze
- Add stock, the herbs and mushroom powder
- Bring to a low boil
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water to make a slurry and add, stir to incorporate
- Lastly top up with a little cream
- Slop all of that into a WARM casserole dish and top with some yummy mashed taters.
- Bake at 400 until the potatoes get a sun tan.
Serve with Gulden Draak - Belgian strong Ale and get tipsy on one bottle of beer. Good times.